Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of KnownUnknown. (“KnownUnknown,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). We provide a platform for creative professionals to engage.
Collection of your Personal Information
To better provide you with products and services offered, KnownUnknown may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Job Role
- Job Title
Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback.
Social Media Information: We maintain a social media presence on platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Discord. When you interact with us via any of these platforms, we may receive personal or social media information that you provide or make available to us based on your settings, such as your profile information. We also collect any social media profile information you directly provide us through social media direct messaging.
Internet Activity Information
When you visit, use, and interact with our platform, we may automatically log the following information:
- Device Information: The manufacturer, model, operating system, browser type, IP address, and unique identifiers of the device you use to access the Service.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Service, such as the type of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We may derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address when you visit the Site.
- Email Open/Click Information: We may use pixels in our email campaigns via MailChimp, that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in emails.
We may use the following technologies to collect Internet Activity Information:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on your device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, enable functionality, help us understand user activity and patterns and facilitate online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through KnownUnknown’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others beyond KnownUnknown.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
KnownUnknown collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
KnownUnknown may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from KnownUnknown and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
KnownUnknown does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
KnownUnknown may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. KnownUnknown may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to KnownUnknown, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
KnownUnknown may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on KnownUnknown or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of KnownUnknown; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of KnownUnknown, or the public.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information, we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, please contact us.
Tracking User Behavior
KnownUnknown may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within KnownUnknown, to determine what KnownUnknown services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within KnownUnknown to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by KnownUnknown. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the KnownUnknown website.
The KnownUnknown website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize KnownUnknown pages, or register with KnownUnknown site or services, a cookie helps KnownUnknown to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same KnownUnknown website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the KnownUnknown features that you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the KnownUnknown services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
KnownUnknown does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of KnownUnknown by contacting us here:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time, KnownUnknown may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. To improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from KnownUnknown or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from KnownUnknown, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
KnownUnknown welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that KnownUnknown has not adhered to this Statement, please contact KnownUnknown at:
4279 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
Email Address: email@example.com
Effective as of January 1, 2023